Friday, April 26, 2019

Introduction


Hi, my name is Kostadin Pishovski, 28 years from North Macedonia.
I studied English language and literature for educational purposes at the State University of Tetovo- North Macedonia.
During the internship for educational purposes that I was doing in one of the primary schools back in my country, I found out that educating children and helping them with their tasks and learning process is the most interesting job that suits my character the most.
Also, the positive feedback from the students and the positive feeling that I got by knowing that I taught them something useful that they can use later in life was priceless.
But the education system and the curriculum that every teacher had to follow seemed very old and traditional-based to me.
As a lover of Krashen's theory of second language acquisition, I wanted to implement his natural approach and my own ideas as much as possible.
Speaking about ''The Natural Approach'', it is a method for beginners based on observation and interpretation of how a person acquires his or her first language. It rejects the formal organization of language and it is not based on grammar it is based on communication.
So this means that the method is very useful for young foreigners in developing their second language.
I also wanted to travel and work in a different country, interact and get to know people from different cultures and expand my horizons.
After searching a lot of opportunities, as a starting point, being a part of a long term EVS project seemed like a very good and interesting idea that I decided to try.
By the time I was searching for a suitable program, I found an NGO called Nevo Parodimus stationed in a small town called Resita in Romania.
They were offering a stay in Resita and an opportunity for volunteering in a non-formal education project that seemed perfect for what I was looking for.
A non-formal education opportunity seemed a perfect plan because it gives you the freedom to create your own educational program that you can execute in schools that have an agreement with the NGO.
It was a perfect moment for me to act, so I joined their project called ''Volunteering and education for civic involvement'' which allowed me to work on, create and do the things I always wanted.


Joining Association Nevo Parodimos
Joining Nevo not only helped me with my teaching experience but also helped me expand my horizons and grow as a person in general.
Sharing the flat and hanging out with volunteers from other countries taught me so much about how to live in harmony and being aware of other people's needs and different perspectives that will be helpful in the future.

For fun, we had the opportunity to volunteer at a rock festival and other projects that were held in different countries. Like the Roma forum ''So keres Evropa'' in Novi Sad -Serbia, ''Dikh He Na Bister'' The Roma Holocaust remembrance day, and a lot of youth exchanges that happen nearby the town of Resita.

Also, every volunteer has the right to participate in a free kickboxing and hip hop dancing classes that are held in Nevo's premises.





About the town
Even tho small, It is a very interesting post-industrial city that is surrounded by stunningly beautiful natural sites, national parks and abandoned structures from the communist era that bring back in time when Romania was a different country.



About the local people
I can say that Romanians are one of the most friendly people that I have ever encountered.
Always willing to hang out and talk with foreigners, help out in times of need without any expectation and they also love showing the beauty of their country, offering their national dishes and drinks.


About the local schools, youth, and elderly centers
Children and students in schools and youth centers are very well mannered and lovely. They are always happy to meet and work with us when we go there.
Working with them always brings us joy and leaves us a smile on our faces that makes every day special and filled with positiveness even when encountering difficulties in everyday life.
Also the elderly in the elderly centers are quite fun and energetic.






So, if you love working with children, the elderly love traveling and experiencing different cultures, making friends and hanging out with lovely people from all around Europe, making unforgettable moments filled with joy, I strongly encourage you to join Nevo Parodimos and be a volunteer in our small but lovely town and get the full and unique experience of being an Erasmus volunteer.






No comments:

Post a Comment

A month full of new ideas and activities 2 + Summary 01/02-29/02/2020

The final month 01/02-29/02/2020 This was the final month of my EVS stage in Romania.  The fact that I had created so many new inte...