Thursday, July 4, 2019

Still in Resita. Meeting new people and seeing new places, volunteering and methods used 01/06-04/07/2019


This was a very interesting period for me, so interesting that I started to like Resita and my life in the city even more. That is so because all the wonderful new local people that I met and hung out with on a regular basis, the new place that I had the right to do my volunteering and because of the fact I became better at the job that I did in schools.
From this point, I realized how extremely friendly and wonderful Romanian people are, more than the people that I've met from all the countries that I've visited until the point I came to Romania.
My experience improved a lot when Nevo introduced me to my new mentor Lorena Myth.
She was one of the most wonderful persons that I have ever met in my life.
Since Lorena is an English teacher, she was regularly inviting me to a cafe for a chat that helped me a lot with my spoken English.
Also, she helped me with other things and took me for a picnic trip to ''3 Waters'' and other places.







At the end of the month, Lorena also took me to the Biker Festival near Resita in which I met a lot of interesting ''underground'' folks from all over Romania and other countries while listening to metal music and I was given free food and drinks from locals there all night.
Also, there were fun competitive games like throwing and pushing barrels with bikes.









About the volunteering activities, I went to the same places as last month plus a new place that I love until this day, and that is Semenic kindergarten.
It might be a bit difficult to work in a kindergarten, since it requires to be well prepared to have a successful lesson and that is so because we work with very young children who are constantly hyperactive and lose their interest quickly if one doesn't prepare a lot of engaging and amusing activities and be constantly active with them.
But the satisfaction from the fact that we were involved in educating children in the critical period of their lives when the pillars of their personalities are formed and if we can manage to get the attention from this group of children and the fact that ad the end we are the reason that they had a good time and most importantly learned something that they can use later in life is beyond measure.

Meanwhile, in the youth center, we had non-formal training sessions and how to manage activities organized by Nevo.

Schools and centers
Bocsa, Centru Personale Verstince (The elderly center), Trayan Lalescu, The Orphanage,Semenic Kindergarten

Methods and Techniques
Bocsa
In this school, we used methods that included a lot of physical movement. That means that we played a lot of games involved physicality and sports like football and basket.

Centru Personale Verstince (The elderly center)
In this center, the senior citizens have already in a very interesting program which involved fun and amusing physical activities every Monday and Wednesday. The activities helped them a lot with maintaining their motor functions and preventing arthritis.
They also had traditional Romanian dancing lessons and for breaks, they played board games. Our task was to include ourselves in their every-day activities and having fun with them.











Trayan Lalescu
In this school, our task is to entertained students after their class finished by doing a lot of energizers, memory games, games which involved learning English through having fun and drawing.

Centrul Speranta
With the lovely children of this place, we did a lot of non-formal activities that included a lot of energizers, games, sportive games like basketball, football, and tennis, also creative drawings with a theme and arts and crafts by creating jewelry from macaroni and pasta, board games like jungle speed- their favorite one and etc.

Semenic Kindergarten
With the lovely children from this kindergarten we had to prepare a lot of amusing activities which involved a lot of engagement and movement also using the English language for association to teach them some words. Also drawings and crafts.


Materials used
papers, pens, color pens, glue, tapes, balls, board games, pasta, spaghetti, ropes, nets stickers, plastic bottles, tongue depressors, playdoh  and etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A month full of new ideas and activities 2 + Summary 01/02-29/02/2020

The final month 01/02-29/02/2020 This was the final month of my EVS stage in Romania.  The fact that I had created so many new inte...